VICE PRESIDENT AND GENERAL COUNSEL
Erica Kirkwood serves as Vice-President and General Counsel of GMA Construction Group (GMA). Erica provides executive-level oversight on matters related to contract review and negotiation, insurance and bond review, compliance with government regulations and reporting at the local, state, and federal levels, and human resource management. Erica also leads our corporate administrative efforts in the areas of MBE/WBE, 8A, Veteran-Owned Small Business, and disadvantaged business compliance. Erica provides close counsel to the President to ensure the company is operating ethically and in compliance with all governmental regulations. Erica has over 7 years of industry leading legal experience and a strong educational background. She earned her B.S. degree in Criminal Justice cum laude at Chicago State University and a J.D. from Western Michigan University Cooley Law School.
Years of Experience
- Over 14 years of experience advising business executives in licensing, municipal ordinances and compliance with applicable laws
- Over 7 years experience as an Attorney
- 8 years of experience negotiating construction contracts of residential and commercial properties
- 11 years of experience representing governmental agencies in compliance investigations
- B.S., Chicago State University
- J.D. with a Certificate of Concentration in Litigation Western Michigan University Thomas Cooley Law School
- Founder, Weekend Law Society
- Distinguished Alumni Award
- President, Black Women Lawyers' Association of Greater Chicago, Inc.
- 2018 Chicago Urban League IMPACT Leadership Development Program Fellow
- National Bar Association YLD: Hon. A. Leon Higginbotham Award
- Featured in the Chicago Daily Law Bulletin June 14, 2017
- Cover story and Feature in the WMU- Cooley Benchmark Magazine
- Panelist, 2017 Benchmark Women In Litigation Forum panel entitled: "Smashing the Glass Ceiling."
- Panelist, "Perspectives on Diversity & Inclusion in Government Legal Services."